Find a roofer in Sparks, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Sparks, Nevada. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Sparks, NevadaHome // Nevada // Sparks
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Sparks, Nevada
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Sparks, Nevada. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Sparks, Nevada. Find the right contractor for your house right away.