Find a roofer in Henderson, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Henderson, NV
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Henderson, NV. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Henderson, NV. Find the right contractor for your house right away.