Find a roofer in Hawthorne, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Hawthorne, NevadaHome // Nevada // Hawthorne
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Hawthorne, NV
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Hawthorne, NV. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.