Find a roofer in Gerlach, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Gerlach, NevadaHome // Nevada // Gerlach
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Gerlach, Nevada
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Gerlach, Nevada. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Gerlach, Nevada. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.