Find a roofer in Genoa, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Genoa, NevadaHome // Nevada // Genoa
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Genoa, NV
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Genoa, NV, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.