Find a roofer in Elko, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Elko, NevadaHome // Nevada // Elko
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Elko, NV
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Elko, NV. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.