Find a roofer in Bunkerville, Nevada
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Bunkerville, Nevada
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Bunkerville, Nevada. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.