Find a roofer in Wrightstown, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Wrightstown, NJ. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Wrightstown, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Wrightstown
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Wrightstown, NJ
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Wrightstown, NJ. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Wrightstown, NJ. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house now.