Find a roofer in Woodbury, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Woodbury, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Woodbury
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Woodbury, New Jersey
When you need roofing maintenance services in Woodbury, New Jersey, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.