Find a roofer in Willingboro, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Willingboro, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Willingboro
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Willingboro, NJ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Willingboro, NJ. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.