Find a roofer in Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Whitehouse Station, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Whitehouse Station
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Whitehouse Station, NJ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Whitehouse Station, NJ. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Whitehouse Station, NJ. Find the right contractor for your property right away.