Find a roofer in Whippany, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Whippany, New JerseyRoofing // New Jersey // Whippany
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time required for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the approximate cost for repairing a rooftop?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Whippany, New Jersey
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Whippany, New Jersey, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Whippany, New Jersey. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.