Find a roofer in Whippany, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New Jersey // Whippany
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the proper occasion to schedule a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the usual price for replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much can it cost to maintain the roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What time of year is ideal for a roofing job?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Whippany, NJ
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Whippany, NJ, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.