Find a roofer in Westfield, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Westfield, New JerseyRoofing // New Jersey // Westfield
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the proper time to request an inspection for my roof?
Most roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the approximate rate for fixing a rooftop?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
During which season should I schedule roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Westfield, NJ
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Westfield, NJ. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Westfield, NJ. Find the right contractor for your property now.