Find a roofer in West Orange, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near West Orange, New JerseyRoofing // New Jersey // West Orange
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At what cost does a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the expected rate for roof repair services?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing professional's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it take for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in West Orange, New Jersey. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near West Orange, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in West Orange, New Jersey. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.