Find a roofer in West Orange, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near West Orange, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // West Orange
Roofing Maintenance Companies near West Orange, NJ
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in West Orange, NJ. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.