Find a roofer in West New York, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near West New York, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // West New York
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in West New York, New Jersey
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in West New York, New Jersey. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.