Find a roofer in Union, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Union, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Union
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Union, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Union, New Jersey. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.