Find a roofer in Trenton, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Trenton, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Trenton
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Trenton, NJ
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Trenton, NJ. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Trenton, NJ. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.