Find a roofer in Summit, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Summit, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Summit
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Summit, NJ
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Summit, NJ, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.