Find a roofer in Stratford, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Stratford, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Stratford
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Stratford, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Stratford, New Jersey. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Stratford, New Jersey. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house today.