Find a roofer in Stockton, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Stockton, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Stockton
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Stockton, NJ
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Stockton, NJ, there's no better way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.