Find a roofer in South Orange, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near South Orange, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // South Orange
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in South Orange, NJ
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in South Orange, NJ, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in South Orange, NJ. Find the right contractor for your house right away.