Find a roofer in Salem, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is ideal for a roofing job?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average price roofing specialists charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take to get a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Salem, New Jersey. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
At what point should I consider having an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Salem, New Jersey
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Salem, New Jersey. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Salem, New Jersey. Find the right contractor for your house now.