Find a roofer in Salem, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Salem, New Jersey
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Salem, New Jersey, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.