Find a roofer in Rumson, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Rumson, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Rumson
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Rumson, NJ
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Rumson, NJ. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.