Find a roofer in Ridgefield, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Ridgefield, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Ridgefield
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Ridgefield, NJ
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Ridgefield, NJ. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Ridgefield, NJ. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house now.