Find a roofer in Quakertown, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Quakertown, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Quakertown
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Quakertown, NJ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Quakertown, NJ. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.