Find a roofer in Princeton, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Princeton, New JerseyRoofing // New Jersey // Princeton
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the normal price for replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much is a contractor's rate to fix a roof top?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the best season for roofing projects?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Princeton, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Princeton, New Jersey. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.