Find a roofer in Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New Jersey // Pompton Lakes
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Pompton Lakes, New Jersey. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
At which point should I think about getting an inspection done for my roof?
Many roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical rate charged by roofers for a replacement project?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What cost can be expected to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Pompton Lakes, New Jersey. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.