Find a roofer in Plainfield, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Plainfield, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Plainfield
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Plainfield, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Plainfield, New Jersey. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.