Find a roofer in Pennsville, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
What is the right time to schedule a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How much does a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate rate for repairing a rooftop?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Pennsville, NJ
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Pennsville, NJ. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.