Find a roofer in Pennsauken, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Pennsauken, NJ. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Pennsauken, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Pennsauken
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Pennsauken, NJ
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Pennsauken, NJ. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.