Find a roofer in Park Ridge, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Park Ridge, NJ. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Park Ridge, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Park Ridge
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Park Ridge, NJ
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Park Ridge, NJ. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Park Ridge, NJ. Find the right contractor for your property now.