Find a roofer in Oakhurst, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Oakhurst, New JerseyRoofing // New Jersey // Oakhurst
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
At which point should I consider having an inspection done for my roof?
Many roofing professionals recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofing specialists normally price labor for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What costs are related to repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Oakhurst, New Jersey
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Oakhurst, New Jersey. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.