Find a roofer in Northfield, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Northfield, NJ
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Northfield, NJ. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.