Find a roofer in North Brunswick, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near North Brunswick, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // North Brunswick
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in North Brunswick, New Jersey
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in North Brunswick, New Jersey, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.