Find a roofer in Newtonville, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Newtonville, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Newtonville
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Newtonville, NJ
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Newtonville, NJ. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.