Find a roofer in Newfield, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Newfield, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Newfield
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Newfield, NJ
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Newfield, NJ, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.