Find a roofer in Newark, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New Jersey // Newark
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At what stage should I think about having a roof inspection done?
Most roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How much does a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much should I estimate to fix my roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the best season for roofing projects?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Newark, NJ
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Newark, NJ. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.