Find a roofer in New Providence, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near New Providence, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // New Providence
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near New Providence, New Jersey
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in New Providence, New Jersey. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.