Find a roofer in Neshanic Station, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Neshanic Station, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Neshanic Station
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Neshanic Station, New Jersey
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Neshanic Station, New Jersey, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.