Find a roofer in Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Mountain Lakes, NJ. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Mountain Lakes, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Mountain Lakes
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Mountain Lakes, NJ
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Mountain Lakes, NJ, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.