Find a roofer in Moonachie, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Moonachie, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Moonachie
Roofing Maintenance Services near Moonachie, NJ
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Moonachie, NJ. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.