Find a roofer in Montclair, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Montclair, New JerseyRoofing // New Jersey // Montclair
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal cost of roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much is a roofer's rate to repair the roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing professional's services?
Services for your roof can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time required for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Montclair, NJ
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Montclair, NJ. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.