Find a roofer in Midland Park, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Midland Park, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Midland Park
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Midland Park, NJ
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Midland Park, NJ. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.