Find a roofer in Metuchen, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Metuchen, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Metuchen
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Metuchen, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Metuchen, New Jersey. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.