Find a roofer in Medford, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Medford, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Medford
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Medford, NJ
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Medford, NJ. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Medford, NJ. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home now.