Find a roofer in Martinsville, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Martinsville, NJ. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Martinsville, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Martinsville
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Martinsville, NJ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Martinsville, NJ. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.