Find a roofer in Maple Shade, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Maple Shade, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Maple Shade
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Maple Shade, New Jersey
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Maple Shade, New Jersey. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Maple Shade, New Jersey. Find the perfect contractor for your home right away.